How to Increase Your Traffic With SEO in 30 Days
Optimize your title and meta description
The first thing a user sees when they search for a keyword is the snippet on the Google search results page. The snippet includes the page title, URL, and meta description.
The title should be short and concise. It impacts your ranking for keywords. Your meta description should accurately describe the content your page offers. While it doesn’t directly impact your search ranking, it will impact your clickthrough rate.
Hands-on tips for title optimization
• Keep the title short. Google truncates anything past 70 characters.
• Use keywords you want to rank for in the page title.
• Add page titles to any pages currently missing one.
Tips for optimizing the meta description:
• Limit your description to 175 characters. Otherwise, Google will cut off the rest.
• Try and integrate a call-to-action in your description that encourages users to click on your page.
• What added value does the user get from visiting your website? Make it clear in the description.
• Use important keywords.